PTA Parent/Student eDirectory
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is eDirectory? eDirectory is the PTA's online tool for helping members of the John B Dey Community find each other. It is also the data source for the printed School Directory and classroom rosters. It is the place to find the most updated contact information for a family, since people can input new information at any time during the year if they have changes.
- How do I know my data is secure? Only registered members of the John B Dey Community have access to this data. To view it, you must login with a registered email address and a unique password. Please make sure your own password is as strong as possible. If you forget your password, you may use the password recovery link on the login page. We value your privacy and security. All data is stored behind secure firewalls and requires a unique email and password and passwords are encrypted. All data is passed with SSL encryption (that familiar lock in the web address tells you it's secure) which ensures data cannot be captured during submission.
- How do I register? Go to the initial set up web site at https://jbdpta.membershiptoolkit.com/ and register.
- What does registration for your FAMILY mean? eDirectory is organized by Family. Each Family has one unique login (email) and password. The Family record contains space for First and Last Name, address, phone numbers and e-mail address of two parent/guardians, and the names and classrooms of all your children sharing that Family name. The login is the email address of the primary parent/guardian. You may enter up to two addresses per family unit.
- I'm registered, what else do I need to do? Update your parent record, making sure that all your parent data and contact information is complete and correct. Then use “Add New Student” to add information for each of your children at John B Dey.
- Do I need to go into eDirectory each year to update my information (even if there are no changes to my contact information)?No! Our eConfirm email will send you a secure link to a pre-filled online form with your family information. You simply review, make any changes if necessary, and confirm. Parents and Teachers use the data for class lists and find it very valuable, especially early in the school year. Even if you choose to opt out of displaying your contact information, please at least enter your email so that the Room Liaisons are able to effectively communicate with everyone in the classroom.
- If I change my email address in eDirectory, does it change how I receive John B Dey communications? No, changing your email information in eDirectory does not directly change your subscriptions to MySchool Mail or List Serve.
- Does the system run on a Mac? YES. The system is running in the "cloud" and is accessible from any browser (Explorer, Chrome, Safari, Firefox). No software installation or unique computer requirements are necessary. We do recommend that you use Chrome as your browser as we have found it is the fastest and most reliable.
- How can I access the JBD eDirectory? Using your computer or tablet, click (this link: https://jbdpta.membershiptoolkit.com/ ). You will be brought to the John B Dey exclusive eDirectory. Using the smartphone App, you can access the search tool from any mobile device. Once you access the site, you can bookmark it and save your log-in credentials for easy access later.
- What if I forget my password? If you have forgotten your password, click on "Forgot Your Password?". You will be prompted to enter your email address that is in the directory. A temporary password will be emailed to you. Once you receive your temporary password you will be able to log in, create a new password and begin using this dynamic tool.
- Questions? Email JBDPTAedirectory@gmail.com
The PTA asks that all parents keep in mind that this school directory is to foster parent communications with one another and the school; It is NOT for business development purposes.